Porcelain Veneers – Dallas
Transform Dental Flaws Into a Beautiful Smile
Your smile has the potential to wordlessly communicate a message of happiness, friendship, and love. That’s why the appearance of your smile is so important to Dr. Vanderbrook and his team. We want you to feel comfortable with and proud of the smile you share. However, if your smile makes you feel self-conscious, then porcelain veneers may solve that problem. Porcelain veneers are a dental cosmetic treatment that conceals damaged teeth in order to transform patients’ smiles comprehensively.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers – sometimes called dental veneers – are solid coverings made of high-quality dental porcelain or composite resin materials that are adhesively bonded to your teeth. While veneers are indeed solid and strong, they are also very thin and highly translucent, making your smile look completely natural.
What Can Porcelain Veneers Correct?
Veneers are designed to correct and conceal a number of smile flaws that run the gamut from structural imperfections to cosmetic distractions. These include:
- Teeth that are proportionally smaller than others
- Misshaped teeth
- Fractured teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Stained and discolored teeth that have not responded to teeth whitening
- Slightly misaligned teeth
- Teeth that have gaps between them
What Does It Take to Have Veneers?
The first step on the road to a new smile is a consultation with Dr. Vanderbrook. At this meeting, the two of you will discuss the changes you’d like to see in your smile. We’ll also take measurements of your mouth, as well as digital X-rays, photographs, and molded impressions of your teeth. With this information, Dr. Vanderbrook can artistically design veneers that fit precisely and complement your facial features.
Then, it’s time to build your new smile. The process begins with an appointment to prepare your teeth for veneers. A slim layer of enamel is removed from your teeth; this permanent alteration ensures that your veneers are in line with your other teeth and do not look too large for your mouth. Based on an impression, we create temporary veneers to protect your newly prepared teeth while the permanent set is handcrafted in a dental lab.
In two short weeks, your customized smile will be ready and you’ll return to our office to have Dr. Vanderbrook bond the permanent veneers to your teeth.
Caring for your new smile requires a little bit of TLC. You’ll want to avoid using your veneers to bite anything hard. Porcelain veneers are strong, but they are not unbreakable. With proper care, veneers can last for years and years.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
If you’re looking to say goodbye to the imperfections that are plaguing your teeth, veneers are an excellent way to achieve your smile goals, especially if you want that Hollywood look! But it’s important to remember that the cost of veneers in Dallas is not the same for everyone. Each patient is different. Depending on a few different factors, you may pay more or less for your cosmetic treatment. Also, when it comes to these customized restorations, you get what you pay for, so quality is important. As you consider how you want to transform your appearance, you’ll want to make sure you’re choosing the right cosmetic service for your specific goals.
Cost vs. Cosmetic Dentistry: What’s Right for Me?
At Vanderbrook Family Dentistry, you will find there are several cosmetic services, each with different price points. You can accomplish different things for your individual look, so depending on your goals, you may find one of the following to be the right choice for you:
- Veneers: Veneers in Dallas may be one of the costlier cosmetic options; however, they do allow for a full transformation. They can change the size, shape, and color of your smile in just 2-3 appointments.
- Cosmetic Bonding: Cosmetic bonding is a great way to fix minor problems (i.e., chips, stains, small gaps), and it is much more affordable. However, you will need to have it redone every few years to maintain your results.
- Teeth Whitening: If you’re only looking to remove stains and discoloration, teeth whitening is a safe, highly affordable, and effective solution. Although it cannot change the size or shape of your teeth, your cosmetic dentist in Dallas can brighten your smile in a short amount of time.
- Invisalign® Clear Braces: Invisalign is an ideal solution if you need to fix the alignment of your teeth. While transformative in improving your oral health, they cannot fix the size, shape, or color of your teeth. Also, Invisalign clear braces are expensive and require lengthier treatment.
- Metal-Free Restorations: If you have a tooth that is decayed or damaged, you can opt for metal-free restorations. While these help to strengthen weakened teeth and provide a more pleasing aesthetic, they do require that your cosmetic dentist in Lakewood replace them over time.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
Unfortunately, when it comes to the cost of veneers in Lakewood, it’s highly unlikely that your dental insurance company will agree to pay a portion of the cost. Why? Because it is categorized as a cosmetic treatment, it is not deemed “medically necessary.” While there are exceptions for some cosmetic services (i.e., metal-free restorations), veneers in Lakewood are typically not covered. Instead, you will be required to search for an alternative way to pay for your treatment. Fortunately, Vanderbrook Family Dentistry is pleased to work closely with CareCredit, which is a third-party financing company. If eligible, you can enroll in a low or zero interest payment plan that allows you to break up the cost of your treatment into manageable monthly installments.
Porcelain Veneer FAQs
Porcelain veneers in Dallas are a truly unique cosmetic dental service. Since they permanently alter your teeth, its important that you feel completely confident in your decision. For your convenience, we’ve gathered the most common questions we get about this popular cosmetic treatment below. If you don’t see the answer you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to call us and we’ll be happy to help!
How Many Porcelain Veneers Will I Need?
You can choose to cover just a single tooth with a porcelain veneer. However, we often recommend using veneers for the front two, four, six, or eight teeth to attain the most natural-looking results. During your consultation, your Dallas cosmetic dentist will carefully assess your smile and discuss your goals to determine how many veneers you’ll need to achieve your desired results.
Does It Hurt to Get Porcelain Veneers?
Improving your pearly whites with porcelain veneers is a virtually pain-free experience. They’re only about as thick as a contact lens, so hardly any enamel will need to be removed in order to place them. This process is quick and comfortable—in fact, you may not even need local anesthetic. Initially, your teeth may feel somewhat sensitive once your veneers have bonded in place, but any discomfort can be easily managed with over-the-counter pain relievers before it subsides within just a few days. Before you know it, your porcelain veneers will feel like a natural part of your smile!
How Long Do Porcelain Veneers Last?
Despite how thin porcelain veneers are, the materials they’re crafted from ensure that they’re incredibly durable. However, there are a handful of bad habits that can wear away at your veneers and cause them to lose their luster or even their grip. On the other hand, you can easily keep your smile dazzling and strong for a decade or more with the proper care. To extend the lifespan of your porcelain veneers, keep these simple tips in mind:
- Brush your teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush and nonabrasive toothpaste for two minutes twice a day.
- Choose high-quality, waxed dental floss to easily clean between your teeth every day.
- Wear a sports guard if you play sports.
- Don’t use your teeth to open packages, containers, or bottles.
- Stop chewing on hard objects like pen caps, ice, or your fingernails.
- If you grind your teeth at night, protect them with a custom nightguard.
- Visit your Dallas dentist twice a year for routine checkups and cleanings.
How Much Do Porcelain Veneers Cost?
Just like how no two smiles are the same, there is no one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to cosmetic dentistry. The cost of your unique treatment will depend on several factors like the number of teeth you’re treating and if you need any preliminary dental work like gum disease therapy. We’ll be able to provide you with a custom estimate and go over any other additional questions you may have during your initial consultation.
Ready to say goodbye to your chipped, cracked, and stained teeth? Call Vanderbrook Family Dentistry today to schedule your consultation and start your journey towards the smile you’ve always wanted!