Invisalign Clear Braces from Your Lakewood Dallas Dentist
Do you dream about having a smile full of sparkling, straight teeth, but you just can’t imagine yourself wearing traditional metal braces? You’ve probably invested in a professional, mature image, and you shouldn’t have to look like a teenager to straighten your teeth. With Invisalign clear braces, your dreams can come true without enduring the nightmare of one or more years with a metallic smile.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment approved by the FDA and is a virtually invisible method for straightening teeth without conventional metal braces. With Invisalign, a custom-molded series of transparent, removable aligners progressively reposition your teeth. You simply remove the aligners before eating, brushing, flossing, or even during special occasions to maintain the diet and lifestyle you prefer. This technology is more comfortable and convenient than traditional braces. Patients do not experience the mouth abrasions caused by metal brackets and wires, and Invisalign aligners are easy to clean. This is especially important for those patients who have sensitivities to metal. Adjustment appointments aren’t necessary, either. Simply visit once every six weeks or two months so we can ensure your smile is progressing as planned and make adjustments to your treatment plan whenever necessary.
How does Invisalign work? At your first appointment, we use 3D computer imaging to design a comprehensive treatment plan. This allows you to preview the final positioning of your teeth before you start treatment. Yes, you will see your future smile before treatment begins! Then, an Invisalign lab creates a series of aligners to reposition your teeth which can take anywhere between a couple of months to two years. You’ll exchange aligners every two weeks until your smile is straight and beautiful. Treatment is typically completed after 6 to 18 months. Transparent, removable, no-hassle orthodontia – now that should put a smile on your face!
Additional Benefits of Invisalign Compared with Traditional Orthodontics
- Patients save time over the course of treatment with less frequent, shorter office visits easier to fit into busy, professional schedules
- Patients with sensitivity to metal are able to align their smiles comfortably without risk of adverse response
- Patients don’t need to change their diet or oral hygiene routines – simply remove alignment trays during meals and cleanings
- Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible to the untrained eye, so patients maintain their beautiful smile throughout treatment
- Patients report experiencing less discomfort compared with traditional bracket and wire braces both due to the lack of soft tissue irritation and less pain associated with the shifting teeth
- Advances in Invisalign technology make it possible for patients to correct even severe bite alignment issues like over or underbite previously only treatable with traditional braces
Contact Your Lakewood Dallas Cosmetic Dentists
If you’re interested in finding out more about cosmetic orthodontic treatment in the Lakewood Dallas area, contact Vanderbrook Family Dentistry to schedule an orthodontic consultation. Invisalign isn’t right for every patient, but thanks to continuing improvements in materials and technology, alignment tray orthodontic systems help more patients than ever achieve their smile goals.