Emergency Dentist — Dallas, TX
Immediate Care When You Need It Most
Dr. Drew Vanderbrook is an emergency dentist in Dallas who understands accidents happen. Whether caused by a hard-hitting tackle on the field that results in a knocked-out tooth or oral hygiene neglect that is now causing immense tooth pain, he and his team at Vanderbrook Family Dentistry will go the extra mile to provide immediate care when you need it most. When calling to schedule an appointment, we will work to get you in the same day or the following depending on the severity of the situation. But no matter the problem, we will be there to help you achieve relief from the pain as quickly as possible. To learn more about dental emergencies and what you can do to prevent them, contact our office today.
Why Choose Vanderbrook Family Dentistry for Emergency Dental Care?
- Same-Day Emergency Appointments Available
- Walk-Ins Offered for Urgent Dental Issues
- Open Five Days a Week and Most Saturdays
How We Treat Dental Emergencies
- Call us to schedule a same-day appointment: We’ll do our best to get you seen the same day that your emergency occurs so you can get out of discomfort and address your symptoms fast. We are open most days out of the week and a team member will be ready to offer first-aid advice over the phone before your arrival, so don’t wait to give us a call.
- Get an emergency exam completed by Dr. Vanderbrook: Once you arrive at our practice, we’ll get you examined, capture digital X-rays if needed, and take note of your symptoms so we can begin creating a treatment plan. If you are in any immediate pain, we’ll do our best to get you fast relief.
- Review our findings and create a plan: After we have a clear understanding of your dental emergency, we can create a treatment plan that addresses your symptoms and prevents your issue from worsening. During this process, we’ll break down cost estimates for your care so you can make an informed decision beforehand.
- Get the care you need: Whether you need a dental filling, personalized crown, or another service to restore your smile, we’ll work quickly to ensure you get the care and attention you need.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
At Vanderbrook Family Dentistry, we believe in providing patients with the tools and knowledge to handle a dental emergency should one arise. Although you may be tempted to panic, staying calm is the first and most important rule to remember. Next, you can follow some of these simple steps when handling these common dental emergencies:
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
When a dental emergency happens out of nowhere, you’re probably not thinking about dental cost. Of course, dental emergencies can be painful and shocking, which is why the price of your sudden issue may not even cross your mind until you have to call our office. At Vanderbrook Family Dentistry, we want our patients to have all the information they need for ultimate piece of mind. That’s why we’ve included some important information about the cost of your dental emergencies in Dallas!
What Factors Influence the Cost of Emergency Dentistry?
No two smiles are the same, which is why your treatment cost can vary. As you may guess, emergency dentistry will usually cost more than your routine checkups and cleanings. There are several factors that can influence the price of your emergency dentistry, including:
- Dental insurance: If you have coverage, the cost of your treatment will be significantly less because you won’t have to pay as much out of pocket.
- Type of restoration: Depending on the type of restoration you need, the level of coverage that your insurance provides will vary.
Financial Options Available
At Vanderbrook Family Dentistry, we work with all insurance plans. Just let us know, and we will gladly reach out to your provider and file your claims. We can also get preapproval for you before you arrive at our office for your dental emergency—just be sure to contact us! Additionally, for those who are uninsured, we offer low-to-no interest financing through CareCredit so patients with all types of budgets can enjoy our high-quality emergency dental care.
Importance of Scheduling a Consultation
Because there is no specific cost assigned to dental emergencies (due to the many variables involved), the only way to know your price is to schedule a consultation. During this appointment, Dr. Vanderbrook will carefully examine your smile and the issue that affects it before developing a personalized treatment plan that includes the cost of your emergency dentistry. If you’re able to schedule a consultation, we can also find out how much of the treatment that your insurance is willing to cover to make your visit as stress-free as possible.
If you have any other questions or wish to schedule an appointment, contact our office today!
How to Prevent Dental Emergencies
Knowing what to do when something happens is important but so is knowing how to prevent an accident or injury. Keeping the following tips in mind will help to keep your smile intact as well as decay and disease-free:
- Maintain a good oral hygiene routine of brushing twice a day for two full minutes, flossing at least once before you go to bed, and rinsing with an ADA-approved mouthwash.
- Avoid using your teeth as tools to open packages and containers.
- Limit or avoid all hard, crunchy foods. If necessary, cut them up into small pieces to prevent unnecessary pressure on your teeth.
- Wear mouth protection when preparing to play a sport. If you suffer from bruxism, wear a custom mouthguard to prevent teeth grinding at night.